GER Class 209/ LNER Y5

The Great Eastern Railway had eight of these engines, of which four survived into Grouping and one, incredibly, into the early months of British Railways. The first four were standard '12in Mineral Engines' built by Neilson and Co. of Glasgow in 1874-6. In 1894-5 the quartet was rebuilt with new boilers at Stratford and cabs were fitted; in 1897 Stratford produced a pair of near-identical copies and in 1903 built two more.

Three bunker types are accommodated in the kit, which follows our usual spec - big can motor and high-reduction bespoke gearbox (all completely concealed)full cab detail, lots of lost wax, fully illustrated and easy-to-follow instructions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
Home page